Monday 17 October 2011

My heart starts missing a beat...every time


In case you think the title sounds like a spot of hypochondria, it's OK, it's just a line from "Heart" by the Pet Shop Boys!


But it does. Start missing a beat, that is.


Tonight it keeps skipping, dropping, squelching, thumping, fluttering more than ever. Not more than a couple of beats at a time, but more often than normal. My heart's been doing this through the day but this evening it's doing overtime. It happens through the night and I keep waking up, when I get to sleep for half an hour, in a sweat.


My guess, for what very little it's worth, is this may just be one of those "ectopic" heartbeat thingummies that turns out to be benign. Hoping so. 

Maybe it's debility from the M.E.? I'm certainly at a low ebb there. Diabetically my blood sugar is in the normal range while this is happening. Not having any extra caffeine in any form (reducing it in fact, to make sure it isn't that) and keeping water intake up to try and make sure I'm not just dehydrated.


Still waiting for the referral appointment at Cardiology on Thursday. All will become clear there, I reckon. My swinging brick will be put through its paces and I can stop giving concerned friends a heart attack worrying about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment