Monday 3 October 2011

Jabsolutey not fabulous!


Still struggling with fluttery heart and attendant nausea, dizzy spells etc on top of all usual stuff after lengthy hypo week last Saturday.


Could only walk very short distances, very very slowly at weekend. Mum actually said she'd not known me so slow for as long as she could remember. She has just gone to make appointment with my GP to check out that all OK in cardiac department as she puts my prescription in.

Had flu jab on Saturday morning. One of the male GPs at practice, giving the jab, listened empathetically to my usual "Diabetic - yes, M.E.- possibly no" dilemma. He obviously saw the possible past problems with the flu jab in my case as signs of a weakened immune system. He took M.E seriously, even if he had no answers. He seemed interested in my 50th birthday invitation to raise funds for bio-medical research so we'll one day have the answers. Had the jab anyway, but he was supportive and understanding, which I always take as a sign of progress and hope.


Absolutely flattened now. Heart thumps and flutters seem worse in evening and when rising from sitting/lying, but other times too, more regularly than in recent past. Not anxious, so no reason this symptom should have suddenly become pronounced. Palpitations can be harmless or a signal of something else. It's not pain, rather a feeling of a change of beat or butterfly breath (if butterflies had breath!) just to the right centre of my chest. Sometimes 7-8 times in an hour, maybe, other times less frequently and hours when not noticed at all. That's when I'm actually asleep, I guess!

 No doubt it won't show up on a stethoscope during a five minute appointment. At least I will have checked, for well-wishers' and loved ones' sakes, if nothing else.


Everything feels swollen. Sore throat. Can't think of words. Can't remember stuff that's obvious. Blood sugars through roof much of time since jab. Burning hot patches in limbs, organs, torso. Left eyelid swollen and eye sore. Shivery. Diarrhoea intermittently, then gone. Scalp and neck sore. Dizzy. Nauseous. No real appetite. Balance way off. (Using stick in house today). Exhausted just breathing. Feeling compulsion to lie down on floor wherever I am. Too jerky and hot to sleep through night.


Just a normal M.E. day (not) at the office, I suppose.

 Quite a few good folks and friends wanting to call by this week to mark my 50th on Friday. Then I've promised a service in the village where I was born on Sunday. I have to be well enough for that hour, plus lunch a dear old friend has offered afterwards. Need to see another friend who is terribly sick over the weekend too while I'm over there. Looks overwhelming from here at the moment, but nil desperandum!


So I'll leave it there for now and get properly horizontal again.
Look on the bright side - when you're flat you can't fall any further!


No comments:

Post a Comment