Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Straw That Breaks?

Decided to have a quick shower.


I'd put it off this morning as balance dodgy.


Kept making up mind to climb those stairs.


Kept having to lie back down to gather strength.


Finally made it into shower.


Now too crashed to type for long. Or make much sense.

Can't raise my hands or get warm. Chest feels like its swollen with pain and tender with the effort of breathing in and out. Legs and arms belong to some other sucker.


So not much today.


One thought adapted from a comment I heard the other day. It sums up my experience of M.E. and is no doubt true of so many other so-called "invisible illnesses":



Stay with me for a day. Choose a good one, and you'll leave thinking I seem ok.

Stay with me for a week. You'll begin to glimpse how far from "well" looking "well" for a few hours really is!



But my thoughts, like yours, I guess, are all with Japan. No matter how sick or spent and weary they are, for thousands there's nowhere to lie down, or shower, or rest under their own roof. There are no words to cover that. No easy answers. Only mourning and lamenting with them, doing what we can to support them in the rebuilding, and praying with them for strength for today and hope for tomorrow. 

 "A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoking wick he won't snuff out, until he has brought justice through to victory." Matthew 12:20 in the NIV


or as the Message version puts it so compassionately:


"  He won't walk over anyone's feelings,
         won't push you into a corner.
   Before you know it, his justice will triumph;"

No comments:

Post a Comment