Monday 18 April 2011

Worth a try...poorer but not necessarily better!



Quick update.




Encouraged by seeming to shake off my cold symptoms last week, I continued with the CoQ10 tablets and have discontinued taking statins for the time being. Head still somehow feels clearer in morning? Until these last couple of days, that is!


This weekend's wonderful sunny weather had me out trying out my strength in the garden, as my lovely Mum did most of the donkey work, as usual these days. I managed for a while, even mowed a bit,  but as of now (Monday) am experiencing the most severe "payback" symptoms for weeks.


Last night I slept very fitfully, with much muscle and nerve pain. I kept waking with the old sensation of lying on a burning, lumpy mat. Different muscle groups kept jerking and feeling like they were being torn out of my body into a fog of pain and heat. My eyes feel as if they've been attacked with a blow torch and my chest and stomach feel sore. Breathing in and out hurts the muscles of my chest area. My diaphragm and stomach feel sore and inflamed. My bowels are sluggish (even with plenty of healthy roughage and as much exercise as I can force myself to) today - too much information!


Today I am struggling to stay awake or find words to correspond to thoughts at the first time of asking. Nausea, pain and dizziness, combined with feverishness, very sore throat and glands, pain in head and difficulty speaking, poor co-ordination, headache, ringing in ears drove me reluctantly back to bed by 11am.

I didn't hear a friend knock or call at 11.30. Thankfully, my Mum wasn't returning to her own home after spending the weekend with me, until this afternoon, so she was able to entertain my visitor for me! I was dead to the world. Sleep was unrefreshing. I feel as if I've done ten rounds with a particularly malevolent boxer!

Have managed another hour or two upright in order not to fall too far behind with emails, blog and all the usual things that won't wait, like balancing my diabetes and preparing for the weekend when I have a long-established engagement to take the Easter Sunday service at our local church. I really need to rest up for that.


Yesterday, even my dear old neighbour saw the state I was getting in, hardly able to stand and walk, or co-ordinate and carry even light tools after a little while in the garden in the afternoon.


"Time you called it a day, Joyce!" she advised over the hedge. Even she recognises when pacing is going out of the window on a "good" day that just happens to coincide with "good" weather and "good" opportunity with Mum to lend a major helpng hand.


I feel satisfied to see a little improvelment for once in the upkeep of the garden. My body feels as if its been dragged backwards through a saw mill, been in a car crash and nothing will stay where I put it! No, I've gardened enthusiastically all my life; this isn't just the usual familiar aches and pains from used muscles.


The new CoQ10 from "Simply Supplements" finally arrived on Friday (they may put it in the first post available, but none of us can rely on a speedy service from the dear old Royal Mail these days!). I have upped my daily dose to 200mg (2 of the larger black coloured capsules - see rather unclear photo above!).


I'll make sure I keep taking them at least on days when I desperately need the extra energy boost they should be giving. But on current experience, there are limits to how much they can override my M.E.-riddled body's compromised state. The more I recover into a "boom" remission period in the future, maybe their effect will appear more noticeable! Till then, I go on in hope, poorer and maybe a tad wiser, pacing myself and crashing when I have no option at all but to crash.

But nothing will ever stop me fighting to be well again one day, and like even those who have died from the disease's severest forms, I will never stop believing  and heading towards the day when we will all flourish in the healthy sunshine where we were created to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment