Sunday 3 April 2011

Enada NADH Progress Report Day 4

Another update.
Yesterday I took 10mg of the Enada and today took another 15mg before breakfast.
Fasting blood sugars within the normal range but a couple of minor hypos both days, between mealtimes.


M.E. symptoms particularly trying this weekend, which could still be a knock on effect from last weekend's major challenge leading worship on the Sunday morning. Maybe I'm not taking a large enough dose of the Enada to hammer the deficit?

Nights have been disturbed, waking up several times every couple of hours with the sensation of lying on a "burning mat" as if lower back region on fire, actually generating heat I could feel from outside too. Getting "benign fasciculations" (muscle twitching and fluttering) in calves, soles of feet, toes, chest, arms, fingers, palms, lower back, eye region. These are observable from the outside. Core muscles in stomach area sore (feeling inflamed) and tender to touch, exhausting to sit up. Tender lymph nodes in neck and under arms, tiring sometimes even to lift arms for any length of time.


Last evening (Saturday) my whole skin felt it was crawling and itching, and I felt feverish with flu-like symptoms. Skin hot to the touch. Eyes reacting to ordinary light by the evening. Hyperacusis (sounds appearing too loud to me, or startlingly loud intermittently). Kneecaps feel "rubbery" and unstable.


Was determined to go to church, when I might normally have rested because of severity of M.E. this weekend. It was Mother's Day, for one thing, and wanted to give Mum a good day. Plus a dear friend of ours had texted on Saturday to say if we were going to be at church today, she would take a bus through from her home in town to share the special service with us.


Just walking round the corner to church (a five to ten minutes paced stroll on a beautiful sunny spring morning) was almost a challenge too far. Having been unable to keep warm "inside" for the past few days (this often happens since M.E. - my inner body temperature control is all up the spout, a common M.E. symptom) the friend asked several times during the service whether I was ok (visibly shaking and struggling to stand for the hymns probably gave a clue!) She was amazed how cold my face and hands were to the touch. I wasn't! Lol!

Co-ordinating to stand, smile, sing and focus on the words on the screen by the last hymn was a challenge, to say the least. The floor was turning to "rubber" (haha - so inconsiderate!).


By the time I went in for coffee after the service, my brain was fried. I had difficulty remembering some of the words I wanted to say to carry on various conversations with friends. Not so unusual for we middle aged, you may say! Wish it really was so simple. M.E. brainfog is recognisably different from the inside, believe me! Things were going into slow motion and going blurry round the edges by now. That and carrrying a plate and cup across the room and selecting a table to sit on with friends, was all I could manage, with a little help!


After this minor period of 'rest', decided that taking Mum for a Mothering Sunday pub lunch would save the energy I'd have had to expend preparing, cooking, serving (serving often uses up more units of energy than the cooking), washing and drying the pots etc. Sitting in a quiet familiar local pub, semi-dark and quiet before the later rush (the pub in question was actually slightly closer to get to on foot than walking home straight away), I got a bit more time to sit and recoup my dwindling energy and pain resources.


It was good to see Mum enjoying her Roasted Vegetable Jalfrezi, Vanilla Ice Cream and Cappuccino with complementary biscuit (not all on same plate!) and I knew I could rest up later. Real life, including things like special occasions, doesn't take account of the need for "pacing", of course.


Once home again today, I've not been really up to much else, and have had to sleep, on and off, for most of the day since then. I am now very hot and flesh crawling again, ears sore and overreactive to sounds, muscles in hands feel inflamed and are twitching, weak as I type, but again, I want to make sure I do this update before it becomes a bigger job to remember what has happened by tomorrow!


Tomorrow I may try to up the Enada dosage to 20mg, as I believe a slightly larger rather than the minimum dose is more beneficial for M.E., according to the experience of other sufferers I've read about in the past. I'm already a third of the way through the 30 tablets that cost me more than a tenner!

Till then, I'm hoping for some wholesome sleep tonight.




Night night, sleep tight,
Mind the bugs don't bite (or those itchy, invisible creepy crawlies I can feel flickering over various muscle groups! Lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment