Thursday 30 September 2010

M.E. and my brain-fog!

Today's typical of a "better" M.E. day, i.e when I can actually slump with the laptop. Or make breakfast with more than tipping a box and lifting a milk carton. Or think and talk and stand without feeling later I've run a marathon!

Like the day last week I put cumin instead of cinnamon on my porage oats. (That could be the menopausal synapses, of course, too!)



Like yesterday when I saw I had written three different months in my Diabetic food log. Not in three months. In three days, like Mon 25th September, Tues 26th February, Wed 27th October. When I felt well enough to Facebook yesterday, I had to delete a post on the wall of an old friend wishing her happy birthday for the 29th. I remembered her birthday was Oct NOT Sept 29th. It wasn't Facebook who had failed to remind me of the date! Lucky my mate doesn't go on FB very often.


Worse today. In the strain of doing several things at once, my brainfog hammered me.

Having decided to start this blog for M.E. only, I tried to copy and paste an M.E. related post from my other blog onto here.

You've guessed. I managed not to copy it, but delete it.

It was all about how it's still acceptable to make M.E.-knocking jibes on "Benedorm" and how the media's full of the conviction that everybody's TATT (Tired All The Time) these days. What? Like everybody with a cough has T.B.?

It took a day to put that post together. I'd already managed to get a couple of referrals from Twitter to read it, according to the stats.

Now, M.E.-addled, I can't remember the bones of yesterday's post enough to recreate it here. 
This is life and if that's the worst that happens to frustrate me today, I'm blessed indeed.
Watch this space.
I DID see a Great Spotted Woodpecker, juv female on one of my garden feeders (another separate blog calls, does it??) which is excitement enough till I've had a lie down!

No comments:

Post a Comment