Thursday 30 September 2010

Why this M.E. blog now?

My story is unique. My story is as common as muck!


My story has folders that overlap endlessly.


Then the folders in the filing cabinet get sorted and some things get shredded.


Here's the folder for this bloggy bit of my life.
The sticky note says: the bits of my life that are especially affected by having M.E (and Type 1 Diabetes) for most of my adult life.


It doesn't "deserve" a blog of it's own. But I do. So I'm going to tell its story because I'm a writer.  That's what I'm driven to do. M.E. can like it or lump it.  I just hope someone will find something helpful here.


My qualifications to talk about M.E.?
None.
Except knowing what it's like (for me) to have M.E. for many years, undiagnosed for 20+ years and for the last four years (diagnosis 2006 in the UK),  in a world still reluctant to believe the truth that science is uncovering, of it's physical origin and devastating nature.


My M.E.-related bloggery kept bleeding into my "catch-all" first blog: "Pinwheels and Rainbows: Sense and Serendipity". Today I decided that maybe I should try and give my musings on M.E. (combined with Type 1 Diabetes, the menopause and any other health related bloggery) a place of their own to gambol and crawl when they need to.


My prayer is that maybe some things here may gel with you, if you're on a similar journey.


Safe touching places are precious.
I offer a compassionate reflective space to others who may wander this way.


I'll listen without looking over your shoulder in case someone more "important" comes along.
Because I'll try to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment